The Cunningham Park Dog Run is one of only a handful of runs located in Queens. People come from as far as Whitestone, College Point, Bayside, Glen Oaks, Jackson Heights, Corona, and Little Neck to use this facility. The Cunningham Park Dog Run is situated in a beautiful section of Cunningham Park, located on 193 Street and Aberdeen Road (just 2.5 blocks south of Union Turnpike). The run is well shaded by gorgeous trees and is wedged between a children’s playground and a basketball court. Both the people and the dogs that frequent our run are down to earth, friendly and very caring. All the dogs get along well and often play with each other. We have benches and a picnic table. This July we had our First Annual Dog Run Barbeque. We are currently in the process of creating our own Dog Run Association. Members are community minded and caring individuals who try to help and educate other individuals with regard to proper behavior and socialization of their dogs. We welcome every dog owner to come and pay us a visit. You will like it so much you will want to return.
The Cunningham Park Dog Run Association holds an Annual Halloween Costume Party for dogs every year. Everyone is invited to join them!
Rules of the Dog Run
- Monitor and clean up after your dog.
- Accompany your dog in the run at all times.
- No dogs in heat; closely monitor un-neutered males.
- Prongs and spike collars are NOT to be worn in the run.
- If there is a fight, all parties must leave the run until they've calmed down.
- Discourage barking; especially during early morning or late evening hours.
- Runs are potentially dangerous; bring children in at your own risk. An adult must accompany children under the age of 10.
- Dogs must be licensed and properly immunized.
- You cannot bring a dog into the run if it has a communicable disease.
- Use caution and good judgment when bringing food into the run; no glass containers are allowed.
- If your dog digs a hole, you must fill it in before you leave the run.